Saturday, March 23
H. C. Andersen: THE LITTLE MATCH GIRL →Mini teater
• puppet show for children• directed and adapted by: Steve Tiplady • author of puppets and scenographer: Sally Todd • actors: Vesna Kuzmič, Aleš Kranjec • music: Miha Petric • SLO
Fairy-tale by Hans Christian Andersen about a little match girl is a beautiful and touching story, which sheds the light on human fragility and the power of imagination which gives us hope.
SHADOWS OF SHAME →Mini teater
• directed by: Sabina Zwitter • duration: 77 min • year: 2019 • genre: documentary• AUT
Documentary deals with the traumas of second and third generation of Carinthian Slovenian families who were persecuted by Germans and Austrian before, during and after World War II.
Screening will be followed by a discussion with the filmmaker Sabina Zwitter.
Screening in collaboration with the Austrian Embassy and Austrian Cultural Forum
Praprotnice: BREAD & FREEDOM →Mini teater
• recital • singers: Hanca Pörtsch, Irene Strasser, Rozka Tratar – Sticker •accordion: Georg Errenst • SLO/AUT
Songs by the ensemble and a selected poems that have been written by prisoners of the Nazi and fascist labour and concentration camps. The poems are shocking and touching because they describe the unthinkable horror in the camps, but at the same time reflect the strong will to survive, to resist and to fight for freedom.
In cooperation with the Austrian Embassy and Austrian Cultural Forum
DISOBEDIENCE →Mini teater
• directed by: Sebastián Lelio• duration: 104 min • year: 2017 • genre: romantic drama• IRL | GBR| ZDA
Much discussed feature film with Rachel Weisz in the leading role of a Jewish woman who had left her Orthodox milieu in London because the community showed no tolerance towards different sexual orientations. The film is exceptional for its acting and deals with the ambiguity of love, sexual orientations and acceptance.
Screening will be preceded by a panel discussion with Suzana Tratnik organized by Slovene PEN centre.
Screening in collaboration with the Slovene PEN centre
Sunday, March 24
STOLPERSTEINE →streets of Ljubljana
• guided tour with Robert Waltl
Stumbling stones by Gunter Demnig are the biggest memorial of victims of Nazi persecution. Demnig remembers the victims of Nazism by placing brassy cubes on the pavement in front of victims' last address.
THE RESISTANCE BANKER →Mini teater
• directed by: Joram Lürsen • duration: 123 min • year: 2018 • genre: war drama• NDL
Dutch film tells a story of a Jewish banker who assisted the Resistance Movement in its fight against the Nazi occupation and the persecution and deportation of the Jewish population.
Film will be introduced and discussed with the audience by the scriptwriterThomas van der Ree.
Screening in collaboration with the Dutch Embassy
Mazik duo: JEWISH LIFE, PORTRAITS OF THE PAST →Mini teater
• concert • Tolo Genestar (clarinet) andMarc Sumsi (piano) • ESP
Fusion of classical music and klezmer, where both genres coexist showing a varied music but with a common theme, as is the history of the contemporary Jewish community.
Based on the idea of how music constitutes culture.